Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Loyalists & Patriots

      In order to wrap help the students understand the differences between Loyalists and Patriots, I made up a comparison chart.  


         Bullet points were used to complete the comparison. Then the kiddos used their artistic abilities to draw an illustration to focus on a visual difference.




I like to expressions.

Look at those eyes!




         This activity was done the day after our 5th graders experienced the Boston Tea Party.  We  SKYPED with the Boston Tea Party Ships and Museum. They each portrayed either a Loyalist or a Patriot.  I think my students understand the difference.  The work shows  off their knowledge. I was very pleased with this activity.

       5th grade Social Studies has been a huge part of my life. The American Revolution and the events leading up to it are so much fun to teach. 

      Please leave a comment. I'd love hear your thoughts.

Beti

No comments:

Post a Comment