Thursday, June 25, 2020

One Pack of Seeds

Seeds!


        One little pack of seeds can sprout into a beautiful garden.


       Last fall I trimmed some  very overgrown bushes in my yard and cleared the space in between.  This spring the bushes started to sprout new green leaves.  I decided to plant wild flowers in the empty spaces. No big thing.  I sprinkled the seeds onto the dirt and raked them in. For a few days I faithfully watered the seeds until little green leaves started to poke through the earth. 
    
       I spent a few weeks away from home and was afraid that all my baby flowers would be all dried up.  Happily, when I got back my flowers were in bloom. 




   
    The neat thing is that every week some new flower bloomed.  



       These were the latest to bloom.
    


        In the fall, when the flowers die, the flowers will drop their seeds for next spring.  Then I will have a new arrangement of beautiful wild flowers in my garden.  

     So when you see those little packets of seeds in the store, buy one and grow some lovely little flowers.  They will brighten each  day with new blossoms.

     Even though it is the fisrt day of August, fall is coming the school year is just getting started. But plan ahead. Put this one in your planner for the spring.  Grow some with flowers in your classroom.  Could be a great Mother's Day gift from your students.

    Today I linked up with Forever in Fifth Grade  for Show and Tell  Tuesday.


https://foreverinfifthgrade.blogspot.com/2017/08/show-tell-tuesday-back-to-school-time.html 


    Have a great end of your summer and a successful school year.

Beti

No comments:

Post a Comment