Thursday, June 22, 2017

Felt Flower Headband

        


           After my granddaughter was born, my daughter saw a headband with a felt flower.  She said, "Mom, I think we can made that."  Of course we took the challenge and made a trip to JoAnn's for felt and an elastic trim.
  
              It wasn't as hard as I thought it might be. I started with paper and pencil to make a pattern for the flower.  I cut a circle about the size of a CD.   As I stated to cut the spiral, a scalloped edge was included.



      The rectangular piece is used for the middle of the flower.  This felt piece was fringed along one side.  Then the rectangular piece is rolled to form the stamen, middle part, of the flower.  I stitched the felt as I rolled it, but you could use hot glue to hold it together.




Sorry about the fuzzy picture.


       To made the petals of the flower,  you begin wrapping from the outside of the felt circle. As you wrap, sew or glue the felt around the stamen. The flower will begin to "build" itself.




       We made leaves to add another color.  


        As it turned out, the leaves were a little too big for a newborn's head.  The leaves were removed for the finished product.  
        I do believe that my 5th grade girls should be able to make these flowers.  Maybe for Mother's Day.
        
Please leave a comment if have time. I would enjoy hearing your thoughts.

Have a wonder day.
Beti


            

1 comment:

  1. Your flower is lovely! That would make a nice mother's day project. Thanks for linking up!

    Stephanie
    Forever in Fifth Grade

    ReplyDelete