Thursday, April 16, 2020

Spring in Michigan

Spring in Michigan
Coming Soon! 

      Spring in Michigan is so lovely. Sure, it can be rainy and cold. But it always gives us something beautiful if we wait long enough. I am so looking forward to the warmer sunnier days to come.

        I was away for a good part of April and this is what I came home to see. Yellow and white daffodils and narcissus stand so tall and wave in the breeze.


  My red bud tree has never looked this striking and full of color. My husband trimmed it back last year. 



  We have hundreds and hundreds of these grape hyacinths in the yard.  They multiply like crazy. I love to look out and see all the bright colors against the green grass.  There are a few dandelions popping up.  I guess I'll have to get out the weed killer soon.
           The squirrels always have a great time playing in the spring time.
      

            The bright red cardinals look so beautiful against the new green leaves.

           My crocus are the first to come up.  They make me smile.
 Spring is the most wonderful time of the year. If you have a few minutes, go back a few posts. You can see the baby hummingbirds that I had the privilege to watch hatch while I was away.  The mother hummingbird took time to feed on the flowers in Arizona, and I had some time to take pictures of the babies. 

Happy Spring to all!

Beti

1 comment: