Thursday, March 9, 2017

Student Journal for Lent

    As a 5th grade Religion teacher, I have my students make a Lenten Journal.  Each day at the beginning of class, my children take out their journal and write a short reflection for the day. I use a group of reflections that I collected over the years, given by to me our Religious Education director and principal.  The whole class can think about the same topic each day. The topics are very simple and can be completed in a minute or two.  Sometimes they share their thoughts and ideas.  Other days, ideas are kept private.  I give my students the option whether they want to share or not.

        Twelve small pieces of paper were stapled into a piece of card stock folded in half. I had the children cut the days part and then glued two to each page to save paper. We used the front and back of each page as you can see in the pictures.





       Our students will be at home on Good Friday.  Hopefully they will write in their journal until Easter Sunday.

            
The students can decorate their pages if they like. 

Have a blessed Lenten Season. 

Please leave a comment.  I would love to hear from you.

Beti


No comments:

Post a Comment