Friday, June 3, 2016

Pinterest Pick 3 June Link Up



               I really enjoy posting and linking up with other teachers. So I was excited when I opened the email from Lisa at Pawsitively Teaching and her June link up.

        





I saw this pin and knew I could use this anchor chart for my 5th Social Studies class.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/f8/a3/e4/f8a3e44b47de5402ec9a8f93d8b4c926.jpg

    I made my on version of the illustration. 


                 It became a note taking sheet, 8 1/2 x 11, that fit into my students' Social Studies duo-tang.




  For the same chapter leading up to the American Revolution, I used this pin.

   This one is from Miss Mill's Blog.  
missmillsblog.blogspot.com 

     Here is my smaller, note taking version of  her great anchor chart.








       This is a pin of my own that I just had to show you. I goes along with the other two pins. We had a Boston Tea Party for the 5th graders.  These are some of my kiddos dressed on their Colonial finest clothing standing under the Liberty Tree. You can view the blog entry here.
https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=7774043845369657299#editor/target=post;postID=2834424318785573254;onPublishedMenu=posts;onClosedMenu=posts;postNum=93;src=link


     I love teaching about American History! Can you tell? 
         

2 comments:

  1. Love these history pins! The visual on the chart/graphic organizer will definitely be very memorable for your students!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make me really miss teaching fifth grade! I love the note taking ideas. Thank you so much for sharing and linking up with us! :)

    ReplyDelete