Wednesday, October 4, 2023

American Girl Doll Ballet Outfit

        I enjoy making outfits for American Girl Dolls.  It is so satisfying to see how each outfit turns out. Starting from a simple piece of cloth,  each one is different from the rest. 




        Today's creation started with the pink tulle. Of course pink tulle makes you think of a tutu. So I got working on that first. The tulle is about 45 inches wide.  I cut a piece 45 x 10 inches and folded it in half to make a 45 x 5 i change piece to work with.

        As you can see I used another piece  in a different color and weight so there are four layers on the shirt. The two pieces were basted together, gathered, and sewn onto the waist band. A Velcro closure was used at the back of the waist band.


      

           A bodysuit was the next project. 


      I made a pattern from other patterns that I had. This is what I came up with. It is on a one inch grid of you would like to give it a try. As you can see it is very basic with ribbon straps.


        I do hope this post gives you some inspiration when making doll clothes.




        This outfit is for my Granddaughter's  doll. I hope she enjoy dressing her doll in this ballet outfit as much as I did making it.


Enjoy your day!

Beti

No comments:

Post a Comment