Friday, November 25, 2016

Advent

       Several years ago my students made these Tommie DePaola inspired figures of Mary and Joseph. There is also a baby Jesus for the manger under the star.  These figures were done in pastels and laminated.  As you can see they have lasted for years.  The girls that worked on them are now Sophomores in high school. 


     I usually hang these Nativity figures on the wall in our 5th grade hallway.  This year I chose to  tape the Nativity scene on the windows adjoining the stairway, in the background, for all students to see as they walk around our building. I feel so very lucky to be able to discuss the real meaning of Christmas with my students each year.

    Advent is the time of year for all of us to take a step back and reflect on the real meaning of the Christmas season yet to come.  

Today I linked up with Doodle Bugs Teaching. Stop by and check out all the wonderful ideas this week.
www.doodlebugsteaching.blogspot.com

Beti



No comments:

Post a Comment