Saturday, July 18, 2020

Amigurumi

Teeny Crochet
Animals!


       My daugther gave me a crochet kit for Mother's Day.  It came with a book with 12 project patterns, yarn, a crochet hook, stuffing, floss, and a needle. She knows me so well. teeny tiny animal crochet  is the book by Kristen Rask. This book and it gave me a reall good start making Amigurumi.  I really enjoy making little items from yarn, felt, and stuffing. This was the perfect gift.


               This little guy is about only about 3 1/2 inches tall.



               My koala bear is about 5 inches tall with fluffy ears.



I
              Here is my little bear and the example in the pattern book.


      These little animals fit perfectly in a little child's hand.  So soft a with a friendly face become fast friends with your child.

            These two little whales are about 2 1/2 inches long and an inch and a half tall and so easy to make. they each have a cute little tail fin and tiny side fins.
You start with the gray yarn and then switch to white to complete his bell.

         Aren't these two bunny friends so cute?  I couldn't resist making the pink bunny after the brown bunny was finished.


     This little fellow has a tiny white stitch in the black portion for a little sparkle in his eye.







                             Here is a trio of puzzled pandas.


                   Chicks and ducks are having a friendly get together!

                                                         Meow! Meow! Meow!

      If you enjoy crochet, you will find making these small friends a fun project. Basic crochet stitches are all that is needed using a 4mm crochet hook. Included in the kit were black plastic safety eyes.  I chose not to use the safety eyes. Instead, I used black embroidery floss to stitch on the eyes just to be sure the eyes could not come off and become a choking hazzard.

       Enjoy your day!

Beti

No comments:

Post a Comment