Thursday, July 23, 2020

Halter and Pajama Pants

Halter and 
Pajama Pants



                  Dolls always need pajama pants.  So, I have been looking through my stash of material to make pajama pants for baby dolls and American Girl dolls.  I found an old pair of cotton pajama pants. Needless to say, they had seen a better day.  But the cotton material was perfect for doll clothes.  It was nice and soft, not sitff like new store bought material.  

             The navy blue with small white stars would be changed into doll pajama pants in no time.  The pattern has no side seam so the construction is so very simple.

             These pajama pants needed a summer halter top to complete the outfit.  I decided to make the halter reversible.  It just so happened that the inside waist band of the original pajama pants was constructed from  this tiny red check material.  And to put the icing on the cake, there was a strip of seam binding that said "OLD NAVY".  This would be so darling on the reverse side of the halter. I had to spend some time with my seam ripper to deconstruct the waist band, but I think it was worth the time. There was a drawstring at the waist on the original pants that I used for the straps.  "Waist" not , want not when making doll clothes.



                 In this picture you can see that an elastic waist was used on the pajama pants.


                   The pajama pants and halter top fit the American Girl doll.  I had to roll up the pant legs in order to fit on this  14 inch baby doll. The halter top has a Velcro  closure in the back for a good fit. 



       
          Can you believe that I had plenty of material left over to make a gathered skirt to add to the outfit.  Now our little doll friends can go from pajamas to a skirt and halter top ready for a garden party or a 4th of July parade and picnic.

                    I'm glad to see that those old pajama pants will have many more years of wear for many years to come.

Happy sewing!

Beti


No comments:

Post a Comment