Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Baby Bunny Costume

          A Baby Bunny costume is my latest creation.


        I like to make costumes that are easy for a child to wear and can be worn after Halloween.  Kids like to play dress up and wear favorite outfits. I hope this one will be enjoyed by my granddaughter.

        I saw a pink long sleeve shirt and this cute little scooter skirt on the sale rack, of course. It did have an applique of an elephant holding a balloon with his trunk. This needed to be covered with the bunny applique. That is why the shoulders were added beneath the face. If you look closely, you can see a faint dark spot under the cheek of the bunny.  I used felt for all of the details to make the face.  The eyebrows, mouth, and whiskers were stitched with black and brown embroidery floss.
  
      The last touch was to make a puffy bunny tail. I know the colors are not an exact match, but buying from the sale rack you have to take what you can get. If it is cold she can wear white tights or leggings to keep her little legs warm and cozy. A lot of times little ones don't like to wear anything one their head. I know she has a head band with bunny ears from last Easter. Maybe the head band will be added to the costume.

          Please leave a comment if you have the time. I'd love to hear from you.

  Happy Halloween to All! 

Beti

No comments:

Post a Comment