Thursday, September 10, 2020

Baby Boy Doll Clothes

Baby Boy
Doll Clothes 

          Dolls and doll clothes are so important in the development of young children. Dressing yourself and a doll or stuffed animal are wonderful activities to develop self reliance. Every child needs fine motor activities.  Little boys and girls enjoy this type of activity so very much.

          My son-in-law gave me an old pair of  pants in the camouflage pattern. I thought it would be fun if the dolls has pants or shorts made from this fabric. I guess you could call these long shorts or short pants.


         The shorts have a pocket on one side. I thought it would add a little extra.  Little Boys and girls love  pockets.  It is a perfect size to place a special trinket for your dolls.  I made these with a waist band instead of elastic.  The aterial was somewhat heavy. If you are using light weight or knit fabric an elastic waist would work as well.


        The  T-shirt has a neckline made from a strip of the T-shirt material.  I like this technique because I get a nice clean neckline.  I used the T-shirt material for neckline trim even when the shirt is made from a woven material.  Velcro was sewn to the back seam edges. It makes it very easy for the young child to dress their dolls.


           As you can see the T-shirt has a long length.  It can be tucked into the pants or shorts. You can make it shorter if that is what you need.



           These are the patterns used for the shirts and shirt. The patterns  are on a  one inch grid and can easily used in woven or stretchy material.  The length of the shorts pattern is 5 1/4 inches as you can see on the grid. This measurement can be made longer if you want full length pants.

         The shirt with sleeves are made in one piece.  This makes it so easy! The length of the shirt can be made shorter or made longer to make a dress or nightgown. The pattern is very easy to adjust if necessary.

              
             Both the shirt and shirt were made from scraps of material I had in my scrap box.  So, you can see that the amount of fabric need is minimal.

       I do hope you can use these patterns and ideas for the doll clothes that you are making.

  Happy Sewing!  


Beti          


No comments:

Post a Comment