Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Roanoke, The Lost Colony Flip Chart

     The 5th grade curriculum includes a  lesson on the Lost Colony of Roanoke.
Along with reading the lesson in our text, taking notes, a Study Stack, and a short video clip I added a flip chart to make a short lesson summary.  My students like the hands-on
work of a flip chart.  

     I have the kids glue their flip charts onto loose leaf paper.  This way 
the flip chart can be clipped into their Social Studies duo-tang so it
does not get "lost ".

     My students enjoy doing a little added decoration to their flip chart.  
I'll do just about anything that will give an incentive to study.
      The inside of the cover flaps can be used to write additional information.
Here are some ideas my class came up with.



Please leave a comment.  I love to hear if someone can use my ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment