Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Baby Candy Canes

    First Candy Canes
 
This one was made by my son when he was about 2 and a half years old.


           Christmas is a perfect time to get out the finger paints for you child or children.  Tag board or a file file is a perfect weight paper to work on.   The file folder stays in place and does not wrinkle or bend with the movement of little fingers.



        I drew the outline of  three candy canes on a file folder. Then the  red finger paint came out!!! Oh what excitement!! The squishy feeling of paint on your fingers.  The paint is applied to the paper with such zeal! 

         After the paint was dry, I cut the candy cane shapes out.   Of course the names of the artist and the year were written on the back to look into the past many years from now.

       This is my 18 month old granddaughter's candy cane for this year.




      My daughter made this candy cane below, more than 30 years ago.  She was about 8 months old at the time.   It looks as good as new!  These fans canes are always hung on my tree with care just like the fragile glass ornaments.   They are so precious to me!

   
          These precious candy canes will have a special place on my tree every year.

     Christmas tree ornament don't have to be made of finest silver, gold, or crystal to be cherished.  

Hoping everyone has a very Merry Christmas! 

Beti

No comments:

Post a Comment