Monday, December 7, 2020

Felt Snowmen Ornaments

 Snowmen Ornaments



             Every year I make felt Christmas ornaments for my grandchildren.   Each year the ornaments take on a new design.   Last year Christmas trees were sewn.    This year I chose snowmen.   I try to give each their own individual personality.   This way the kiddos will be able to recognize their ornament. 

            On the back,  the year and the child's name is stitched.   I experimented with the decorative stitches in my sewing machine.   As you can see the snowman on the left has the years stitched by machine.    It wasn't exactly what I wanted, so on the other snowmen I did the year by hand.   Granted it took a little longer, but I think it looks much better.




             The faces are slightly different as well as the hats.   Each and every snowman made out of snow looks different.   Some are big and some are small.    Some are wearing hats or a scarf around their neck.   Some snowmen have sticks for arms and a carrot nose.   So these felt snowmen should be individuals, too!

              This smiling fellow has sparkles on his hat and a piece of  red ric-rac  to hang on the tree.


            This jolly  snowman ⛄ has a cute little smile with a green ribbon hanger.

         Give these little felt friends a try for you favorite children this Christmas.   You might even start a tradition, too.    Hopefully, these snowmen will hang on the branches of Christmas trees for many years in the future.

Happy Sewing!


Beti

No comments:

Post a Comment