Sunday, July 12, 2015

5 Years Ago

        I am linking up with    I  heart grade 3  for her " Where was I 5 years ago?" linky.
              www.iheartgrade3.com

      5 years ago seems like a long time.  But yet, it is a flash of time.
       I was in the midst of crocheting baby hats for a women's and newborn bday shelter in Detroit.   I had piles of little tiny  crocheted beanies in my house.  They were every color of the rainbow.
       I had used scraps of left over donated yarn from school. I am known as the teacher who collects garbage at my school, St. Michael Catholic School. When someone comes into the office with something to donate, the administrative assistants say, " Maybe Beti would want this."   As a result boxes of scrap yarn came to me.
           This is how I came upon so many different colors of yarn to crochet with.



    This is just a small sample of what the hats looked like.  Now I knit some, too.
 

Who would have thought back then that I would be a grandmother today making hats for my own granddaughter.
We have to leave it in God's hands.  He will guide us on our way.

What were you doing 5 years ago?

Stop by again and leave a short comment. I'd love to hear from you.



1 comment:

  1. This makes me think of a woman in my town. She makes a purple hat for each newborn to remind parents about the Purple Period (where babies just cry and cry). We still have my daughter's hat and have found memories of her wearing it.

    My Bright Blue House

    ReplyDelete