Thursday, June 4, 2020

Felt Tool Kit

  Tool Kit 
for my 
Granddaughter 


             When my granddaughter saw her Dada in the garage working on a project, she had to pick up tools and do some work too.  Everyone knows how helpful a two and a half year old can be!

            As a grandmother, I like to make play things from felt.  

 New Idea!! 

          A felt tool kit.  First, I headed to the store to buy some plastic tools.  The tools were measured to fit into the tool kit nicely. Not too big, not too small.  It had to be the right size from a preschooler to fit a hammer, screwdriver, and wrench.  I had too make sure there was room for a few extras.  You never know what a little one might place in her tool kit.


            I decided to use some green felt that I had in my sewing room. The tool kit measures 8 inches long, about 2 1/2 inches wide, and about 6 inches tall.
it has been reinforced with stiff felt pieces on the inside, stitched to the outer felt fabric. My sewing is not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but it will hopefully be played with for many hours. That is the important thing.


        As you can see, I just had to dress it up with a flower on the outside.  I figured that she might want to used the tool kit for something other than tools. A stuffed animal, blocks, play food, books, or little people to name a few, could be carried in this little satchel. Children usually find multiple uses for their toys.  Anyway, a little flower with a button in the middle can't hurt anything.

          Creative dramatic play is wonderful for preschoolers.  Dolls, play food in the kitchen, building blocks, a workbench, just to name a few can enhance a child's life. They need to copy what there parent's are doing. I am so glad my father and mother let me work along side of them when I was a youngster.  Now I am very capable and confident with tools around the house as well as cooking in the kitchen. 

          I'm glad you stopped by to read my blog.  Leave a comment if you have the time. I'd love to hear from you! Enjoy your day!

Beti

No comments:

Post a Comment