Friday, June 12, 2020

Felt Dinosaurs


Dinosaurs! ROAR!

        While browsing Pinterest I saw some very cute and tiny dinosaurs.  I couldn't resist making some myself!  


          Out came my basket of scrap felt.  I started snipping the different colors of felt until tiny dinosaurs appeared in my hands. I didn't use a pattern to make these. That's why they are not perfect by any stretch of the imagination! With embroidery floss the dinos were given eyes, a mouth, and a bit of flare. The front and back were finally stitched together.  These little guys are actually stuffed with minute scrape of felt and yarn to make them a tiny bit chubby. They each have their own personality and charm. They can be fierce or friendly, whatever the child may choose.


       They all are between 2 and 3 inches in length.  The perfect size to fit into an Altoid tin for safe keeping.  A small scrap of green felt is fit into the bottom of the tin for grass to sleep on and a piece for some green felt vegetation for these dinosaurs to munch on. Can you hear the munching and chewing?  Which dinosaur would make the loudest roar?

Brontosaurus ?



Stegosaurus ?






T-Rex maybe?



       Wouldn't  these dinosaurs be great to take on a long car or airplane excursion?  They take up minimal amount to space  in your carry on bag. So much creative play, in so little space, for so little cost. 

   
     Please drop me a note if you have a minute to spare. I'd love to hear from you.

Beti

No comments:

Post a Comment