Thursday, June 11, 2020

Unicorn Rice Bag

 
UNICORN in the clouds!

     
       Have you ever used a rice bag?  When my daughter had her first child I made her a rice bag out of a terry cloth wash cloth.  It was a very simple project, no sewing machine needed.  I folded the wash cloth in half and then hand stitched around the edge, twice. I wanted to make sure that the rice would not find a way to get out. When I made this one , I used my sewing machine .

        As you can see, I found a blue piece of fabric with white billowy  clouds that I thought would make a peaceful background for my unicorn.  I first cut the head shape from white felt and embroidered the sleepy eye with black floss. Then I used pink for the nose and mouth.

      Pieces of felt were cut for the 🌈 rainbow colored mane and hand stitched to the white head. The ear and unicorn's  horn were machine stitched to the head and cloud ☁ fabric to make sure all the pieces were securely sewn.


          The final step was to fold the material so there would be an overlap to form a small pillow case.

     The rice bag can be heated in The microwave for about a minute.  Nice and warm to cuddle with at night or naptime. Cozy and warm would be perfect when it is cold or when the air conditioner is making it a little cool during the summer.

         I do hope you have as much fun making this little rice bag for someone that is near and dear to your heart.

Beti

No comments:

Post a Comment