Saturday, October 24, 2020

Popsicle Stick and Felt Ornaments

   Popsicle Stick Ornaments!  An easy creative project for school or home.
            It's never to early to plan projects!

         In the past years I tried popsicle stick ornaments with my 5th graders. I could have used tongue depressors, but all I had on hand were popsicle sticks.  They glued the sticks together on sheets of wax paper. Each child was given five pieces of felt, red black, green, brown and white to start with. Mind you everyone asked for more felt as the creativity went into high gear.  I always cut the felt into pieces about 2 or 3 inches square.  That way they don't waste felt.  The googlily eyes always add that something special.  I showed some inspiration pictures that I found on Pinterest and the kids started designing very quickly. Students gained inspiration from their peers. Each one was unique in their own charming way.

 

   The facial expressions are priceless!
Isn't this the cutest little Santa?


              Instead of painting, the students used their markers.    In the way we didn't have to wait for the paint to dry before they hey started glueing the felt pieces onto  to wooden pieces.      I' m sure the ornaments would have looked better, but we only had a short period of time to complete this project. 






    Some were completely covered in felt, as you can see with this snowman,  while others just had tiny felt pieces for accents.



Little pieces of thread were added so these little darlings could hang on the tree.



         Each one has the date on the back. Hopefully, the kids can look back in years to come and have fond memories of making each one when they were in 5th grade.


   I guess I'm biased, but I think they are very cute!

Today I'm linking up with 
Stephanie at Forever in Fifth for 
Show and Tell Tuesday
Merry Christmas everyone!

 www.foreverinfifthgrade.blogspot.com

 Merry Christmas  and enjoy decorating your tree!

Beti

No comments:

Post a Comment