Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Crayon Sight Words

               



    I linked up with Forever in Fifth Grade. Please use this link to see the wonderful ideas teachers have found. 
www.foreverinfifthgrade.blogspot.com

    Last year I saw these cute Dutch Boy paint chip swatches at a hardware store and I could note resist taking a whole range of colors.  At the time I was not sure what I would do with them, but I just had to have them.  My husband cringes when I walk into the paint department.


               My students have been making learning game activities for their 1st grade buddies.  These would be perfect for their sight word recognition. 

    A sheet of label stickers came out and were applied to the crayons. 



       I gave three of my girls this list of Dolch Pre-Primer sight vocabulary words and the rest was history.   My 5th grade girls just  love to do projects for our first grade friends. 


          These wonderful young ladies made a matching game from the list of sight words. I will give them an opportunity this week to work with some 1st graders using the game that they made. A learning experience for both 5th and 1st grade students.

     Do you have your students work with younger students in your building?
I would love to hear about it.

    Please leave a comment.  I would love to read your ideas.

Enjoy the day! 

Even though we have snow....
 Spring should be right around the corner.
 

Beti    







No comments:

Post a Comment