Thursday, October 22, 2020

Crayon Sight Words

               
Crayons!!






    Last year I saw these cute Dutch Boy paint chip swatches at a hardware store and I could note resist taking a whole range of colors.  At the time I was not sure what I would do with them, but I just had to have them.  My husband cringes when I walk into the paint department. I always walk out with a handful of paint chips.

  Thank you Dutch Boy Paints for these adorable crayons! They are very cute!
 




               My students have been making learning game activities for their 1st grade buddies.  These would be perfect for their sight word recognition. 

    A sheet of label stickers came out and were applied to the crayons. 



       I gave three of my girls this list of Dolch Pre-Primer sight vocabulary words and the rest was history.   My 5th grade girls just  love to do projects for our first grade friends. 



          These wonderful young ladies made a matching game from the list of sight words. I will give them an opportunity this week to work with some 1st graders using the game that they made. A learning experience for both 5th and 1st grade students.

     Do you have your students work with younger students in your building?
I would love to hear about it.

    Please leave a comment.  I would love to read your ideas.

Enjoy the day! 

I saw this crocus popping out of the ground in Alabama.
 Spring should be right around the corner.
  I linked up with Forever in Fifth Grade. Please use this link to see the wonderful ideas teachers have found. 
www.foreverinfifthgrade.blogspot.com
 

Beti    







No comments:

Post a Comment