Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Super Hero Peg Dolls


Super Heros

 
Super Heroes are always a favorite for both boys and girls.   They could easily be used for a creative writing assignment to encourage creative ideas.   Creating a scenario with any one or all the Super Heroes would be so much fun!  You child could also be encouraged to create a background and some buildings for the characters to live, work, and save the universe. 

      These guys would be a fun project for the dog days of summer before the kids head back to school.

      I really enjoy making manipulative toys for my grandchildren, nieces, and nephews.  As  I was browsing Pinterest pins, I came across Super Hero peg dolls.  So I thought I would give them a try.  The bright colors on Superman's and Robin's outfits really stand out.  But Batman really flies with his black felt bat wing cape.   Their colorful felt capes are a must and definitely add to the complete character.


     This time the tall flat clothes pins were used for these brave fellows. Felt was added after all the painting was complete and the final shellac coating was dry.





       I will definitely add these to my collection of peg dolls which includes 
girl scouts, bunnies, and  a families of  Michigan State and Arizona State fans.  They can be whipped up in a short amount of time if you need a quick gift.

   



      
       These bunnies were so much fun to make. Each has its own friendly personality with different colored ears, flowers in their hair, and handsome bow ties.

              
         This little Michigan State fan family has an Altoid tin carrying case house. Each person is a different height and have varied eye colors.


     I hope you enjoy looking at these cute little faces as much as I enjoyed making them.


Beti

No comments:

Post a Comment