Friday, May 8, 2020

Heart Door Hanger

  Welcoming Hearts!

   


         Here is a little heart for that special child or friend in your life.  This soft heart is made from a small piece of pink felt, embroidery floss, a few seed beads, stuffing, and a six inch length of ribbon.

       Many, many years ago, a friend of mine had made both of my children heart door hangers with their name on the front.  This year I thought I would do the same for my granddaughters and grandsons. 

       The plan was to make the hearts out of felt, nut they looked rather plain.  So a few colorful seed  beads were added.  Don't you think they look like those candy hearts we give out for Valentine's Day?

          This heart is more boyish or patriotic with the blue grey star buttons. The contrast of the blue and white ribbon sets off the red heart perfectly.

          I  had these cute little bee buttons in my button supply.     They paired so well with the pink BEE HAPPY button. 


       So, if you need a quick little gift for someone you love, give this felt heart door hanger a try.

Beti 

No comments:

Post a Comment