Thursday, February 13, 2020

Girl Scout Peg Dolls

Hello Girl Scouts!

        During the winter into early spring the Girl Scouts come out of their meetings and are ready to sell their famous Girl Scout cookies. How can any reasonable person not want to buy those delicious little cookies. The cookie sales fund troop activities for the girls. I remember selling Girl Scout cookies many years ago.

        Recently, my  two nieces sent me sent me an email asking if we would like to buy cookies. The problem is that they live in New York and we live in Michigan. I knew we would be traveling to New York, so we would get the cookies sooner or later. 



        When looking on Pinterest, I noticed Girl Scout Peg Dolls.  They were so cute with smiles on their little faces. I have recently started working on peg dolls made from clothes pins.  So, these Girl Scouts would be my next project.
My idea was that when we pick up the cookies, I can give the girls each a peg doll set resembling themselves. One brunette and one blonde peg doll. They each have a white blouse, green shirt or shorts, and a sash with badges.  Their white blouse is kind of hard to see because the skin tone is very light. I guess I should have done a little something around the collar to make it stand out. Oh well, I don't think the girls will mind.


     Each little Girl Scout will have their own little tin box for a bed. A small, fluffy green felt blanket will keep each one nice and cozy.  The little sets would not be complete without some tiny felt rectangles.  The rectangles look like small soft pillows on a miniature bed. 




         Now, if you use your imagination, like all girls do, these  colorful rectangles will be the perfect size to represent the boxes of Girl Scout cookies for this little Girl Scout to sell















    This could be a recycling activity for your Girl Scout to try. Altoid tins and scrap felt can always be recycled into something fun and useful.
       
    If you have a Girl Scout in your family or neighborhood, be sure to buy a box or two of cookies this year.  It really is a good cause.  Scouting gives girls the confidence needed to become strong independent women.

 

Beti

 

No comments:

Post a Comment