Friday, February 14, 2020

Valentine collection jug

     Valentine's Day

        Valentine's Day is coming soon.  The kids want to bring their Valentine's to school.  If the kids made Valentine bags in school from paper bags, they didn't take up a lot of room, but the bags weren't big enough to hold all the goodies. In addition, most of the bags ripped before the end of the day. 
Candy and cards were on the floor. The tears were flowing. I'm sure everyone has experienced this trauma.
    

        A plastic gallon milk jug was my perfect solution.  The gallon size holds all the Valentines.   My kiddos can carry their Valentines home on the bus without any problems.  





      My Valentine jug is very basic.  I just used a permanent marker.  My kids like to decorate theirs with all sorts of embellishments.  Doilies, stickers, felt, ribbon, etc.  Make sure you give the kids at least a week or two notice in order to design their creation and bring it to school.
   I hope this will help in your classroom. 

                       Happy Valentine's Day! 
   Today I linked up with Doodle Bugs Teaching.  Check out all the ideas other teachers have posted. 
www.doodlebugsteaching.blogspot.com

Beti
   

No comments:

Post a Comment