Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Flowers Quite Book

Flowers 
       During the past year  I have started to make quiet books for my granddaughters.  I have looked at many different styles and techniques on Pinterest to gather my ideas.  In the process, I have tried to put my own spin on the quiet books that I have made. 

     This page, as you can see is in progress.  Very narrow green ribbon was used for the flower stems and felt was used for the leaves.  I color coordinated the button centers with the different colored petals.  Though I'm  not sure whether the girls will keep them that way or not as they play with the books.












      My granddaughter was about 18 months when she received the book.  She liked unbuttoning the flowers and matching the colors.
                
        If you notice, below the book, there is a purple watering can with light blue yarn for water.  This is attached with a ribbon.  She enjoyed watering the flowers and making a a water sound.



             
              A  rainbow page is also part of this book.   As we all know, " April showers bring May flowers". Beads were used to make the rainbow with a cloud in two of the corners.  The sun is shining with yellow and sparkle gold ribbon sun rays. This page is on a light blue material with darker blue spots.  It reminded me of a light April shower. 

          I tried to make the pages interactive as much as possible to keep interest flowing.  Some people make their quiet books with numerous pages.  I have kept my books to a simple theme. So there is a front cover, two inside pages, and a back cover.  They are not too bulky and measure 9 x 11 inches.

         As you can tell, I am in the beginning stages of quiet book making and have so much to learn.  My hope is that the girls will enjoy my creations as much as I have loved making them.

       Please leave a comment if you have a spare minute in your busy day.  I'd love to read your thoughts.  

       Enjoy this beautiful day and your life.


Beti

    

No comments:

Post a Comment