Friday, March 20, 2020

Felt Vegetables


  Felt  Vegetables


       My family was having baby shower with the theme
 " A Farmer's Market ".
     
      So I thought it a crate of felt vegetables would be a cute addition to the serving table.  So this is what I came up with. A head of lettuce or cabbage, carrots, pea pods, an egg plant, a corn on the cob, and an apple or tomato.
     
    When this baby grows into a toddler, they will have play food for kitchen. Every child needs to have dramatic play in their day. So what better way than to give a crate of "fresh vegetables" to include in the play. The bright colors are a stimuli for the senses and great for color recognition.

          Here is my attempt at a head or lettuce or cabbage


         These are more like baby carrots.


                       The peas in a pod.


              I love the color of the egg plant.

             Yellow sweet corn is ready for some melted butter.


           I suppose this looks more like an apple but it could be a tomato if the stem and leaf were a little different shape.

     I added a crocheted pale yellow chick to keep an eye on all the veggies the crate. 

     So if you are looking for a gift from the heart for a child, give these colorful, felt veggies a try.

Beti

No comments:

Post a Comment