Thursday, March 19, 2020

Little Blue Bunny

Hello Blue Bunny


                Bunnies are so sweet and cuddly.  I needed a quick Easter gift last week.  So,  I looked in my stash of material scraps and found this blue check cotton material.  I cut a square about 8 x 8 inches.  Then a quick hem was sewn around the edges.






        A basting stitch was made along the green lines. White thread was used, so that is why I placed the yarn on the fabric where the basting was done.


        When the basting thread was pulled to gather the material the  bunny's head and ears take shape. 




      Stuffing is added to form in the head first.  Finally the body is stuffed and sewn shut.  






         I added a pom pom for a tail and a soft ribbon around his neck.  Fabric paint was used for the eyes.  This little bunny was given to a 16 month old. 
Just the right size for little hands to hold and cuddle.


       This was a quick and easy gift for any child.  I'm sure you could make one larger if you so desired.  

     Here is a link to another post.  In this post I made a similar bunny only knitted as seen below.
http://betikempa1.blogspot.com/2017/04/knitted-bunny.html 

   

Happy Sewing!  

Beti

No comments:

Post a Comment